The new Lifetrenz Hospital application is a completely new and developed ground up to address a lot of technology challenges experienced with the previous application. Below are some of the intended outcomes of the effort invested into the development of the new application.
- Modern tile theme and soft colors to make the application pleasing to the eyes. Creates less strain on the eyes even with prolonged usage.
- Application level functionalities grouped intuitively into groups and icons.
- Icons grouped into families based on the nature of functionality – Application, Configuration, Contextual functionality etc.
- Clear demarcation of overall and form specific functionality.
- Module version and update status indicator on the module tiles.
- Technology framework for client level co-branding of the application.
- Link framework to enable switching to other client level web applications like Intranet and website.
- Custom client level image in application home page.
- Modular build – Common container and modular applications
- Better application response due to smaller module sizes
- Faster bug fixing as they can be done at module level
- Easy and less disruptive module level updates. Each module is only 1-2 MB in size
- Module upgrade possible as a less privileged user. This reduces the need for admin level access on the desktops
- Better user experience as only the modules used by the user are updated and only if it is in active use
- Peer-to-peer sharing of updated modules on LAN for faster upgrades and reduced bandwidth usage
- Multi-level privileges on the application. Module rights to users and application setup rights to application administrator
- Enhanced tiled link framework for unified portal type access to all client web applications.
- Optional view of external web applications inside the Lifetrenz container
- Automating updates, as they happen, by switching the application to maintenance mode in the night to reduce disruption to the users.
- Develop a framework for integration of 3rd party applications to nurture and support Lifetrenz marketplace and ecosystem.